Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am pleased to offer my first class of the year. I have been focusing mostly on French wines (Burgundy) in the past several classes. For this class, I’d like to walk you through one of the most prestigious wine regions in the world: Napa Valley.
In this class I will dive into the AVA’s within Napa Valley, showing wines from different areas from the valley floor to the mountain sides. We will walk through the sub American Viticultural Areas within Napa Valley learning about soil structure, grapes, vintages, wine-making techniques and much more. We will taste wines from the regions to understand the unique differences of the areas.
This will be a wonderful experience as we will taste wines from all over Napa Valley with some single vineyard wines to help give a sense of place to each area.
I will have a selection of cheese and bread to nibble.
RSVP to Jamesbarlow25@hotmail.com
What: A Napa Experience hosted by James Barlow
When: Wednesday, February 27th from 6:30-8:00pm
Where: Prohibition Texas Bar in Old Town Spring: 26420 Preston Ave, Spring, TX 77373
Cost: $45 Per Person
Wines to be poured:
- Illumination Sauvignon Blanc – Rutherford/Napa Valley AVA
- Matthiason Ribolla Gialla – Oak Knoll AVA
- Jayson by Pahlmeyer Chardonnay – St. Helena/Carneros AVA’s
- Snowden Petit Verdot – Napa Valley AVA
- Napanook Red Blend – Yountville AVA
- Chimney Rock Cabernet Sauvignon – Stags’ Leap AVA
- Nickel and Nickel ‘John C. Sullenger’ Cabernet Sauvignon – Oakville AVA
- Vagabond Syrah – Carneros AVA
See you there!
James C. Barlow, CWE, CSS